- Senior Learning Support Assistant – Hospitality & Catering : This is a full time and permanent position, ideal for a candidate with catering experience and a catering qualification. Closing date: 7th December 2018. For more information please see ‘Hired on Line’: https://www.hiredonline.co.uk/job/4753310/senior-learning-support-assistant-hospitality-/
- Speech & Language Therapy Assistant: Working as part of a multi professional team you will Provide Speech & Language Therapy support and intervention under direction of SALT within a residential specialist college for young people who have a learning disability. Alongside this you will provide advice and support to the team working with students. This includes Nurses, Residence Managers, Programme managers, Teachers, Care and support workers and external agencies. Closing date: 20th November 2018. For more information please see ‘Hired on Line’: https://www.hiredonline.co.uk/job/4582122/speech-and-language-therapy-assistant/
- Food Centre Lead Technician : We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Food Centre Lead Technician to join our Hospitality and Catering team. You will work as part of a team across all Hospitality and Catering outlets. This is a full time and permanent position. Closing date: 19th November 2018. For more information please see ‘Hired on Line’: https://www.hiredonline.co.uk/job/4574261/food-centre-lead-technician/
- Learning Support Assistant – Hospitality & Catering – Part -time: This is a part time and permanent position, ideal for a candidate with catering experience and a catering qualification – or working towards a catering qualification. Closing date: 7th December 2018. For more information please see ‘Hired on Line’: https://www.hiredonline.co.uk/job/4753309/learning-support-assistant-hospitality-/
- Weekend only – Support Practitioner: Are you able to work every other weekend or every other Saturday or Sunday? We currently have an opportunity for Support Practitioner’s to join our Care Team. You will support our students to be more independent by developing their life and personal care skills in their residences and in the community.(2-year fixed term contract working term time only). Based in Oswestry, Shropshire. Closing date: 30th November 2018
- Housekeeper: This is a permanent and part -time position. We are looking to recruit two housekeepers to work on a Saturday and Sunday every other weekend throughout the year. ( We will also consider candidates who wish to work every weekend too.) For more information please see ‘Hired on Line’: https://www.hiredonline.co.uk/job/4409616/housekeeper-part-time/ Closing date: 15th November 2018
- Bank Care & Independence Support Workers: we have part-time hours available on a casual basis. It is essential to have experience of working in in a similar role and QCF/NVQ Level 2 in Adult Health & Social Care. No closing date.
- Volunteers: we are looking for volunteers to work in our Garden Centre, horticultural areas and at our satellite site in Penley. It is essential to be over 18 years old to be a volunteer and have horticultural knowledge. If you would like to volunteer, please send an email to Caroline Morris or write a letter to the Human Resources department expressing your interest. No closing date.
If you would like to apply for a job please download an application form below and send to Caroline Morris, Human Resources Advisor – [email protected]
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
Derwen College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information about our Mindful Employer status, please visit the Mindful Employer website: www.mindfulemployer.net
Derwen College is a charity and fundraising helps us buy equipment and experiences for our students. If you would like to donate to Derwen College, you can do so through our Virgin Money Giving account. Donations can be one-off, on a monthly basis or as part of a specific fundraising event.
If you would like to fundraise on behalf of Derwen College or donate, please contact Laura Griffiths – [email protected]
We also run volunteer days for local and national businesses. These are ideal for team building, helping our charity and giving a little bit back. Please contact Laura Griffiths [email protected]