View the latest job vacancies at Derwen College near Oswestry, Shropshire.
Derwen College is a unique place to work
We are a day and residential college for young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Extending over 30 acres and located just outside the village of Gobowen, near Oswestry, we provide an unique place to work; with a mix of care, educational, administration and retail opportunities – as well as many more.
We have been around a long time! Established in 1927, we have almost 100 years of heritage in supporting young people with SEND to achieve what they want to, and more.
Work for us
Here are just some of the areas that we recruit for at Derwen College:
Our wide ranging employee benefits include:
- Generous holidays which start at 33 days increasing to 44 with service days. And we close over Christmas!
- Term time working available for appropriate roles.
- Flexible working always considered.
- Enhanced family friendly policies including paid dependency and carers leave.
- Comprehensive wellbeing programme including private health insurance scheme, bike2work, counselling referrals and wellbeing sessions.
- Plenty of training and development, including a scholarship scheme.
- Optional company pension.
- College sick pay.
- Well-resourced and modern work environment with discounted on-site shopping, dining and leisure facilities.
- Access to the on-site swimming pool and gym including fitness classes.
- A moving in day!
- Enhanced maternity pay.
- Paid dependency leave.
- Costco membership.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Free eye tests.
- Overtime opportunities.
Please take the time to read our Data Protection statement and privacy notice in respect of job vacancies and recruitment activity here: Derwen College Data Protection Statement and Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Bank Support Practitioners
We have part-time hours available on a casual basis for support practitioners. It is essential to have experience of working in in a similar role and QCF/NVQ Level 2 in Adult Health & Social Care.
No closing date.
If you would like to volunteer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or write to Human Resources department expressing your interest.
No closing date.
If you would like to apply for any of our ongoing opportunities, please send over your CV or download an application form below.
Please send your completed CV or application form to email@example.com
Derwen College safeguards and promotes the welfare of young people and adults at risk
We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We offer the right candidates a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting.
Derwen College has a fantastic range of employee benefits. These include: main-site shopping and leisure facilities, College pension scheme, flexible working arrangements, enhanced family friendly benefits, generous annual leave entitlement and continual professional development.
All staff are recruited on the basis of merit, ability and suitability for each position. Derwen College ensures that all job applicants are considered equally and consistently, in line with all relevant legislation, recommendations and guidance. We are a Disability Confident and Mindful Employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.