- Positive Behaviour Focus – Care & Independence Worker: to provide intervention with students in need of behavioural support. To support students to develop their skills and encourage students to assume responsibility for managing themselves in learning and social environments. This post would suit applicants with a psychology or a counselling background. This post is term time (46 week contract – 40 weeks in College/ 6 weeks holiday), you will follow a fixed two week rolling rota and it is inclusive of some weekend work ( the hours are 3.30pm to 11pm). Part -time and full-time posts are available. For more information: https://www.hiredonline.co.uk/job/2073668/care-and-independence-support-worker-positive-behaviour-focus/ Closing date: 5th September 2017
- Grounds and Maintenance Operative: to support the grounds and maintenance teams and contribute to the appearance and quality of the college environment including building maintenance/repairs, support refurbishments and an array of other property services. For more information: https://www.hiredonline.co.uk/job/2154791/grounds-and-maintenance-operative/ Closing date: 13th September 2017
- Art and Design Teacher: (3 days per week) based in Walford, Nr Baschurch , Shrewsbury, Shropshire. It is essential to have a teaching qualification and a subject specific qualification relevant to Programme Area – Arts focus. For more information: https://www.hiredonline.co.uk/job/2124549/art-and-design-teacher/ Closing date: 3rd September 2017
- Care & Independence Support Worker: Support students and trainees to be more independent by developing their life skills and personal care skills in their residences and in the community. This post is term time (working a 46 week contract), you will follow a fixed two week rolling rota and it is inclusive of some weekend work. Closing date: 31st August 2017
- Bank Care & Independence Support Workers: we have part-time hours available on a casual basis. It is essential to have experience of working in in a similar role and QCF/NVQ Level 2 in Adult Health & Social Care. No closing date.
- Volunteers: we are looking for volunteers to work in our Garden Centre, horticultural areas and at our satellite site in Penley. It is essential to be over 18 years old to be a volunteer. If you would like to volunteer and are over 18 years of age, please send an email to Caroline Morris or write a letter to the Human Resources department expressing your interest. No closing date.
If you would like to apply for a job please download an application form below and send to Caroline Morris, Human Resources Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
Derwen College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information about our Mindful Employer status, please visit the Mindful Employer website: www.mindfulemployer.net
Derwen College is a charity and fundraising helps us buy equipment and experiences for our students. If you would like to donate to Derwen College, you can do so through our Virgin Money Giving account. Donations can be one-off, on a monthly basis or as part of a specific fundraising event.
If you would like to fundraise on behalf of Derwen College or donate, please contact Jade Turner – email@example.com