View the latest job vacancies at Derwen College, Oswestry, Shropshire.
Derwen College is a unique place to work.
We are one of the largest employers in the Oswestry, Shropshire area, employing over 300 staff.
And with sites also in Ludlow, Telford and Walford, we have a broad range of jobs across four locations.
Work for us
As a day and residential college for young people with learning difficulties and disabilities; and with retail outlets for the public to visit, the roles at Derwen reflect the individuality of the college.
Here are just some of the areas that we recruit for at Derwen:
Our wide ranging employee benefits include:
- Generous holidays which start at 33 days increasing to 44 with service days. And we close over Christmas!
- Term time working available for appropriate roles.
- Flexible working always considered.
- Enhanced family friendly policies including paid dependency and carers leave.
- Comprehensive wellbeing programme including private health insurance scheme, bike2work, counselling referrals and wellbeing sessions.
- Plenty of training and development, including a scholarship scheme.
- Optional company pension.
- College sick pay.
- Well-resourced and modern work environment with discounted on-site shopping, dining and leisure facilities.
- Access to the on-site swimming pool and gym including fitness classes.
- A moving in day!
- Enhanced maternity pay.
- Paid dependency leave.
- Costco membership.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Free eye tests.
- Overtime opportunities.
Our latest job vacancies are listed on Indeed.com.
You can contact HR for further details or to ask a question about vacancies.
Please take the time to read our Data Protection statement and privacy notice in respect of job vacancies and recruitment activity here: Derwen College Data Protection Statement and Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Bank Support Practitioners
We have part-time hours available on a casual basis for support practitioners. It is essential to have experience of working in in a similar role and QCF/NVQ Level 2 in Adult Health & Social Care.
No closing date.
If you would like to volunteer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or write to Human Resources department expressing your interest.
No closing date.
If you would like to apply for any of our vacancies, please send over your CV or download an application form below. Once complete, please send to email@example.com
Microsoft Word Format
Derwen College safeguards and promotes the welfare of young people and adults at risk.
We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We offer the right candidates a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting.
Derwen College has a fantastic range of employee benefits. These include: main-site shopping and leisure facilities, College pension scheme, flexible working arrangements, enhanced family friendly benefits, generous annual leave entitlement and continual professional development.
All staff are recruited on the basis of merit, ability and suitability for each position. Derwen College ensures that all job applicants are considered equally and consistently, in line with all relevant legislation, recommendations and guidance. We are a Disability Confident and Mindful Employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.