- Director of Business & Finance: We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Business & Finance to join our senior leadership team. This role will play a critical role in partnering the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and contributing to the College’s overall success by effectively managing all financial activities and driving new business opportunities. For more information and to apply please see Hired On Line. Closing date: 16th February 2018
- Garden Centre Seasonal Operative: The post is to support the College Garden Centre with operational land -based tasks such as watering, stock deliveries, customer support, displays, weeding and general maintenance. It would be an advantage to have a knowledge of horticulture. This is a fixed term, part time position from approximately Easter to September. Closing date: 9th March 2018
- Learning Support Assistant: this post is supporting the planning and delivery of our land based curriculum. It is based at our main campus and is a full-time, fixed term contract from April 2018 to July 2018. Closing date: 9th March 2018
- Learning Support Assistant: This post is based in Craven Arms, Shropshire. This is a part time and permanent position working 12 hours per week. The hours of work are 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday to Thursday, term-time only. You will be supporting the satellite Coordinator and staff to deliver taught elements of the curriculum. You will deliver work experience with students with high or complex needs in the work environment (internal and external placements), and also support the development of learner independence. For more information and to apply, please see Hired On Line. Closing date: 19th February 2018
- Care & Independence Support Worker: Support students and clients to be more independent by developing their life skills and personal care skills in their residences and in the community. This post is term time only and is inclusive of six weeks holiday pay per annum. You will follow a fixed two week rolling rota and work every other weekend. Fixed term (temporary contracts) available. For more information and to apply please see Hired On Line. Closing date: 31st March 2018
- Bank Care & Independence Support Workers: we have part-time hours available on a casual basis. It is essential to have experience of working in in a similar role and QCF/NVQ Level 2 in Adult Health & Social Care. No closing date.
- Volunteers: we are looking for volunteers to work in our Garden Centre, horticultural areas and at our satellite site in Penley. It is essential to be over 18 years old to be a volunteer. If you would like to volunteer and are over 18 years of age, please send an email to Caroline Morris or write a letter to the Human Resources department expressing your interest. No closing date.
If you would like to apply for a job please download an application form below and send to Caroline Morris, Human Resources Advisor – email@example.com
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
Derwen College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information about our Mindful Employer status, please visit the Mindful Employer website: www.mindfulemployer.net
Derwen College is a charity and fundraising helps us buy equipment and experiences for our students. If you would like to donate to Derwen College, you can do so through our Virgin Money Giving account. Donations can be one-off, on a monthly basis or as part of a specific fundraising event.
If you would like to fundraise on behalf of Derwen College or donate, please contact Laura Griffiths – firstname.lastname@example.org
We also run volunteer days for local and national businesses. These are ideal for team building, helping our charity and giving a little bit back. Please contact Laura Griffiths -email@example.com