Welcoming parents, carers and professionals to Derwen College.
As a parent, carer or professional we understand how important it is to find a college which will support your young person with a programme that is right for them.
In this section of the website you will find all the important information you need to help support your young person as they consider their college options.
Derwen College delivers exceptional programmes within a rich learning environment.
Students attending Derwen are aged 16-25 and have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) including:
- Learning and physical disabilities
- Behaviors of concern
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
We offer residential placements at our Gobowen campus, and also day placements at Gobowen, Ludlow, Telford and Walford.
Learning Programmes at Derwen include:
- Study programmes, which are delivered through our Learning Pathways at each of our four sites.
- Nurture is our programme for students with profound and multiple learning disabilities and is available at our Gobowen site.
- Springboard gives access to work experience opportunities and support to improve independence skills.
Admissions to Derwen
The admissions process can start anywhere up to five years before a student starts at Derwen. We are currently looking at applications for residential students for 2023 and beyond. Day students can still apply for places for September 2022.
You have opportunity to meet the admissions team at transition events around the country and also at open day events on-site at Derwen.
The Information for Parents and Professionals section of the website will help guide you through the programmes on offer, and the other support your young person will receive while they are at Derwen.
Find out more information use the menu on the left hand side of the page.