In 1952 work began on Agnes’s final dream – housing to enable students to become “wholly self-supporting”.


The ‘Agnes Hunt Village’ was developed as purpose-built housing for people with physical disabilities to live independently.
Following an appeal by The Rt. Hon. The Lord Kenyon of Gredington, Chairman of the Board of Governors, work began on the ‘Agnes Hunt Village’ in 1952.
The foundation stone of the memorial was laid by Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Kent in 1952, and she returned in 1957 to formally open the Village.
The bungalows are still used today and at the entrance to the Village is a memorial to Dame Agnes Hunt.
