Derwen College students have gone home for their Easter break but it’s business as usual for our Garden Cafe and Garden Centre.
The Garden Café at Derwen College is open every day throughout Easter from 9am-4pm (10am-4pm on Sundays). The Garden Centre is open every day except Easter Sunday (trading laws mean it is not allowed to open on Easter Sunday).
With plenty of free parking and lots to do for all the family, we’ve put together our top 10 reasons to visit us over the Easter holidays.
- Chocolate – The Garden Centre shop offers chocolate galore in the shape of bunnies, eggs or bars. Buy for the family or just treat yourself.
- Cake – The Garden Café has a fabulous selection of delicious cakes including Easter cupcakes and hot cross buns. Easter isn’t the time for counting calories.
- Home-made cards and gifts – the Garden Centre Shop has a selection of lovely Easter cards designed and screen-printed by students at Derwen College.
- A play area – Did you know that outside the café we have a swing and climbing frame perfect for keeping little ones busy while you’re enjoying a hot drink?
- On the subject of hot drinks, we offer barista-style coffees and teas at a fraction of the price of the national chains.
- Walled garden – take a wander through our walled garden, take a seat on a bench, relax and enjoy the sights and smells of spring plants.
- Revitalise your own garden – our Garden Centre has a huge range of flowers, plants, seeds, bedding plants, shrubs, roses and pots to make your garden the pick of the plots.
- Milkshakes – make the most of our new milkshake machine and indulge in a strawberry, chocolate or banana milkshake in the sunshine.
- Colour competition – Enter our Easter colouring competition for your chance to win an Easter treat. Pick up a colouring entry form at the Garden Café and make sure you return it by 28th April for judging.
- Spring sunshine. Ok, we can’t promise that but fingers crossed for a glorious holiday.